Please bookmark this page for easy access to frequently requested information and some most frequently used forms.
Note: Copies of department meeting minutes are available for review by faculty and staff in the English department front office.
Administrative Forms and Helpful Websites from the Office Staff
Welcome Back Information (pdf)
This page offers useful information on who to contact for things like reimbursements and other commonly asked questions.
- Guidelines for Use of Dietrich School Space (doc)
Course Related Forms and Websites
- Required Statements for all Syllabi
- Digital Media Lab Services and Classroom Availability (pdf)
- Faculty Office Hours Form
- Textbook Order Form
Please order your textbooks directly from the University Store on Fifth.
- Desk Copy Request Form
You will need to place your textbook order with the University Store on Fifth before you can request desk copies. Desk copies can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publisher, so please submit your requests ASAP.
- Room Change Request Form
Room change requests must be made before the 14th calendar day of the term. You will not retain your original classroom after a change request is submitted.
Student Aid and Class Preparation
- Teaching Guide for New Faculty (pdf)
- For Students: Understand and Avoid Plagiarism
- English Department Statement on Plagiarism: Policies and Procedures (pdf)
- English Department Policy on Multiple Submissions (doc)
- Academic Integrity Information (doc)
- Academic Integrity Violation Report Form (pdf)
- Tips for Working with ESL Students in Seminar in Composition (pdf)
- Resources for Distressed Students
- Writing Center Flyer
Funding Request Forms
- Request for Discretionary Funds (pdf) - Return to the Chair's office for approval and submission to the Undergraduate Dean's office.
- Request for Travel Funds (pdf) - Return to the Chair's office for approval and submission to the Undergraduate Dean's office.
Additional Contacts and Resources
- University Library System Contacts and Resources
- Composition Program Resources
- How to Sponsor a Visiting Scholar in the English Department (doc)
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences Resouces
Submit an IT Support Request (As part of the new procedure, please ask for your ticket to be assigned to the A&S Support Group in the description of your problem)
Faculty Teaching Information (including course proposal guidelines)
Helping Distressed Students: This resource page includes information about the Care and Resource Support team: "Students who should be referred to CARS may be students whose ability to succeed academically, or to function within expected standards as a member of the Pitt community, are negatively impacted by the student’s conduct or decisions, or by challenges the student faces of a medical, personal or social nature."
University Center for Teaching and Learning is a resource for Educational Technology, Classroom Technology Support, and more!
Turnitin (at Pitt) is a Web-based resource to help identify and prevent instances of Internet plagiarism.