Administrative Forms and Helpful Websites from the Office Staff
- AY21 Welcome Back Information (pdf)
- Administrative Procedures: This page offers useful information on who to contact for things like reimbursements and other commonly asked questions.
- Departmental Committees (AY 19-20 to be uploaded)
- English Department Bylaws (revised 04-2018) (pdf)
- Appointment-Stream Faculty Handbook (pdf)
- Appointment-Stream Lecturer, Lecturer II, & Senior Lecturer Contract Renewal & Promotion Guide (pdf)
- Guidelines for Use of Dietrich School Space (pdf)
- University Events Calendar submission form
Course Related Forms and Websites
- Statement on the Evaluation of Teaching (pdf)
- Banking course releases memo (pdf)
- Required Statements for all Syllabi (pdf)
- Digital Media Lab Services and Classroom Availability (pdf)
- Tech Issue in a Classroom
- Tech Demo or Set-up for a Classroom
- Faculty Office Hours Form
- Fall 2019 Course Preference Form for Visiting & Part-Time Faculty
- Spring 2019 Course Preference Form for Part-Time Faculty
- AY2019-20 Course Preference Form for Graduate Students
- AY2019-20 Course Preference Form for Full-Time Faculty
- Textbook Order Form: Please order your textbooks directly from the University Store on Fifth.
- Desk Copy Request Form: You will need to place your textbook order with the University Store on Fifth before you can request desk copies. Desk copies can take up to 6 weeks to arrive from the publisher, so please submit your requests ASAP.
- Room Change Request Form: Room change requests must be made before the 14th calendar day of the term. You will not retain your original classroom after a change request is submitted.
Student Aid and Class Preparation
- Teaching Guide for Faculty (pdf)
- For Students: Understand and Avoid Plagiarism
- English Department Statement on Plagiarism: Policies and Procedures (pdf)
- English Department Policy on Multiple Submissions (pdf)
- Academic Integrity Information (pdf)
- Academic Integrity Violation Report Form (pdf)
- Tips for Working with ESL Students in Seminar in Composition (pdf)
- Resources for Distressed Students
- How to Change a Grade Online
Additional Contacts and Resources
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences Resources
- Submit an IT Support Request: In the description of your problem, please ask for your ticket to be assigned to the A&S Support Group.
- Faculty Teaching Information (including course proposal guidelines)
- Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences Academic Integrity Code
- Writing in the Disciplines
- Dietrich Writing Institute
- Helping Distressed Students: This resource page includes information about the Care and Resource Support team: "Students who should be referred to CARS may be students whose ability to succeed academically, or to function within expected standards as a member of the Pitt community, are negatively impacted by the student’s conduct or decisions, or by challenges the student faces of a medical, personal or social nature."
- Faculty & Staff Guide for Helping Distressed Students (pdf)
- Conflict of Interest website
- University Center for Teaching and Learning is a resource for Educational Technology, Classroom Technology Support, and more!
- University Policy on Sexual Harassment
- LGBTQIA Resources at the University of Pittsburgh
- Turnitin (at Pitt) is a Web-based resource to help identify and prevent instances of Internet plagiarism.
- Provost's Office: Resources for New Faculty
- TITLE IX resources, education and training